Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
agmavarok
Novice
Liked: never

Restore from Console

Post by agmavarok »

Hi everyone,

I want to know if it is possible to restore entire backup from physical backup only via network by VBR Console ( no recovery media )
thanks
Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Restore from Console

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you're talking about bare metal recovery, then it is not possible. Here is the list of what you can do in the backup console > Restoring Data from Veeam Agent Backups
agmavarok
Novice
Liked: never

Post by agmavarok »

thanks for your reply Vitaly.
Is there an alternative ?
I am in a multi-site industrial environment and on some sites I do not have resources available.
I am looking for a way to be completely autonomous in case to restore wokstation from scratch with full backup

Regards.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The only option would be to use BMR in the remote site and manual restore, or if you need to restore data quickly leverage instant recovery options.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

agmavarok,

Some options available in Veeam B&R console for agent backups that are worth mentioning:

- Volume level restore allows you to restore any data volume via Veeam B&R to the machine with agent installed (but cant be started for operating system volume)
- It's possible to instantly restore machine as a VMware or Hyper-V vm
- You can use direct restore to public cloud to start machine in Amazon or Azure

Hope it helps!