Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ermngldzgn
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Berat Cakirca

restore guest file directly to the original location

Post by ermngldzgn »

hi,

is there a way restoring files to original location from backup repository where its backup files reside? i know this can be done as following steps of "restore guest files" and continuing to "copy to" and write the path desired on original machine. but one of our customer asks if there is an easy way to restore directly to original machine rather than the default path of Veeam machine which comes first on "copy to" location?

thank you in advance.
Berat.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: restore guest file directly to the original location

Post by Gostev »

Hi, this is exactly how 1-Click File Restore functionality works (new v6 feature). Thanks.
ermngldzgn
Veeam ProPartner

Re: restore guest file

Post by ermngldzgn »

so Anton, as i understand this is not as same as app-item restore which restores directly to where information is deleted. but i am allowed to do this by writing location, let's say (\\192.168.2.85\c$\...), with 1-click restore, right?
Berat.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. If you are interested to learn more about this functionality, please review the sticky FAQ topic for common Q&A as well as the recorded demo that provides extensive description of this functionality (see part 4 of v6 webinar series). Thanks!
ermngldzgn
Veeam ProPartner

Post by ermngldzgn »

i mean the default path for 1-click restore is the Veeam machine itself. but customer wants to make it simple as starting "guest file restore" and restore files to the machine which he started restore process for. i am totally happy doing this as writing the path and restoring. but he asks for more to get it simple. so just tell me: "writing path and restoring is the only easy way." and i will let him know.

thank you.
Berat.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

No, 1-Click File Restore does NOT require that you enter the path where the file should be restored. Instead, it works exactly as your customer wants file restore to work. Restore takes a single click - user does not need to enter the target path, as the file is restored directly to the original location.

Did you have a chance to review the User Guide, sticky FAQ and the recorded webinar to learn more about this feature?
ermngldzgn
Veeam ProPartner

Post by ermngldzgn »

thank you Anton, i did have chance to see on my test platform as it is working. but customer had an issue as i mentioned. maybe there is a bug, i will tell him check again.

thank you again.
Berat.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Sounds like your customer is simply not using the Enterprise Manager web UI, and is trying to perform the guest file restore from the Veeam B&R console (Windows application) instead. Thanks!
ermngldzgn
Veeam ProPartner

Post by ermngldzgn »

you are totally right, he was using guest file restore from Veeam BR UI rather than using Enterprise Manager UI. problem is solved.

thanks.
Berat.