Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
Stabz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Philippe DUPUIS

Dell ECS - Simultaneaous API request

Post by Stabz »

Hello,

I have to determine how many simultaneous API requests Veeam could handle to object storage.

We have to implement 2 Dell ECS with Kemp Loadbalancer and we need to estimate this value to identify which model of Kemp we need to choose to avoid any limitation.

Regards
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Re: Dell ECS - Simultaneaous API request

Post by dalbertson »

@nikolaj I dont think this is what they are asking.

That bug mentioned is a bug of the RestAPI of VBR and they are asking about object storage APIs.

@Stabz Veeam will offload to object storage using a gateway server that is specified during the object repo setup. But this will use CPU cores to offload. Each core will have 64 threads to offload to object. So if you have a 4core server there will be 256 offload API connections.
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by nikolaj »

@dalbertson yes, I might have misinterpreted that request. Moreover, the concurrent user sessions bug has been already fixed in CP2.

With that being said, Object storage is currently not supported in REST API of v11, its implementation is planned for v12.
Stabz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Philippe DUPUIS

Post by Stabz »

Hello,

Yes i was asking about Object storage Apis. Thanks for you answers.

Concerning the sizing, if I have a gateway server with 4Core how many tasks will be consume on my repository for the offload ? 4 tasks or more?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It depends on:

* maximum concurrent task number specified in object storage repository settings
* source repository task availability (object storage offload is the lowest priority process, and will only take backup repository task slots when no other jobs or processes need them)

Thanks!