Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ebarrios08
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Edsel Barrios

Replication with Nimble Array

Post by ebarrios08 »

I have two Nimble arrays one in production and one in DR. I am using Veeam 10 to do backups. I am doing replication between the two arrays. I already connected the two Nimbles to the Veeam server. I am using the Veeam replicaton to move some servers to the DR hosts. The issue is can I use Veeam to manage or leverage the Nimble replications at the DR site array? I guess I would allow me to restore one at a time but to do whole datastore I would still need the Nimble interface to preset them to the esxi host
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Replication with Nimble Array

Post by PetrM »

Hi Edsel,

As far as I understand, you already use snapshot-only job and I guess that Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots might be interesting for you as it automates operations of mounting storage snapshots to ESXi hosts.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replication with Nimble Array

Post by foggy »

Hi Edsel, could you please elaborate on the scenario you're looking for? Veeam B&R replication jobs can use the primary storage snapshots to retrieve data just like the backup jobs do. But do you mean replication from the secondary storage snapshot that is already replicated to the target Nimble array using Nimble replication technologies? This functionality is not currently possible.