Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bunger
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Bill Unger

Hardened Linux Repository - B&R can't see volume

Post by bunger »

B&R running on Windows server.... Ubuntu acting as repository with USB-attached hard drive formatted with XFS.

I am following this guide to harden it:
https://bp.veeam.com/vbr/VBP/Security/h ... linux.html

I have created the local user and modified rights on the mounted volume that represents the USB volume.

I have added the Linux box as a Managed server in B&R using the hardened username.

I add the repository, select the linux box, populate the volumes... but the USB drive isn't listed. All of the volumes are listed, but not the one I need.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Hardened Linux Repository - B&R can't see volume

Post by Gostev »

Please don't just ignore that text in red font displayed when you click New Topic.

P.S. Note that those best practices you found are for hardening backup repositories in earlier versions. V11 has completely changed the game with the new native Hardened Repository feature.
bunger
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Bill Unger

Post by bunger »

I haven't yet created a support ticket as I am thinking maybe it is a user or setup issue.

Are you saying I need to open a ticket before I can ask questions like this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Truth be told, we don't encourage posting such "questions" in principle even with a ticket opened, as this is not a support forum.

Please note that you're not really asking a question about product features or functionality, rather you're posting an environment-specific issue (likely a misconfiguration) with a hope that someone will troubleshoot it for you here via forum posts. Such posts are best avoided entirely.

This community has a very specific purpose, which is described in details following that red font link I mentioned previously. And it's only so popular and still manageable for us because out of over 1000 new support tickets opened daily, very few end up as a topic here :D just imagine what a mess would it be, if even 10% of those daily new tickets each resulted in new topics being created here.