Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Automate backup removal?

Post by ejenner » 1 person likes this post

Hi guys,

Just going through the process of deleting 4 backups for 4 servers and realised how much work has to be done and wondered if it could be easier?

My typical setup is primary backup on primary storage and a secondary copy on secondary storage. We do tape backups as well, but I'm not so concerned with those when it comes to deletion.

I wondered if you right-click and select 'delete' for the job definition whether or not that could display a screen with checkboxes to give you deletion options?

I export a backup as a final step and move the exported files to an archive location which is outside of backup repositories completely.

Could one dialogue box have the following checkboxes?

1. Delete job definition only (current function)
2. Delete files from repository
3. Delete related copy job definition (button to view which job it is or a 'mouseover' function to display the job name)
4. Delete related copy files (button to view which job it is or a 'mouseover' function to display the job name)
5. Export final backup to archive (maybe with path to archive box)
6. 'Run' button to execute all above selected tasks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Automate backup removal?

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello EJ,

Thank you for your post - sounds like a good feature request and we will discuss it with the team!
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Automate backup removal?

Post by ejenner » 1 person likes this post

Probably should have an additional confirmation after you click 'Run' if it is going to delete all your data. Similar to warnings in other parts of the software.