Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
sebastian.gonzalez
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sebastian Gonzalez

Unable to install backup agent: The handle is invalid

Post by sebastian.gonzalez »

Hey guys,

Got an issue with B&R, created a job, added 4 servers using IP addresses and get the following in 1 of them:

Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to "IP ADDRESS" Error: The handle is invalid. Failed to create service 'VeeamDeploySvc'. Host: 'HOST NAME'. Failed to register deployment service the target host.

It seems that there was another instance of veeam managing this server but was long ago deleted, so i can't "remove it" from any previous B&R server since i don't see any uninstall on "Add or Remove Programs"

My Case #04938947 — Error trying to install Agent on Server using B&R

Any idea how can i solve this?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Unable to install backup agent: The handle is invalid

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Sebastian,

It's better to continue working with the support team on that, but as a quick thought > can you check if you have any Veeam services registered on that remote machine? This can be done via services snap-in. If you spot something Veeam-related, then it might be the clue to the issue above.

Thanks!
sebastian.gonzalez
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sebastian Gonzalez

Post by sebastian.gonzalez »

Hi Vitaliy, so far support haven't replied since the 29 of July :(

And no services running after install and uninstall, so we are kinda in a tight spot here, the client would like to buy a license but since we can't make it work.. he won't buy.. and i have no idea what else to do, since is an error i haven't come across before..
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Sebastian,

The case was opened on behalf of an account owning a free product, so a delay in replies is expected since support for free products is provided on a best effort basis. I've pinged our support management so they could speed up the processing of your case.

Thanks