Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DomRock
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: DomRog

different schedules within one backup copy job

Post by DomRock »

Hi Team,

Do you know if it is possible to schedule in the same job, different times for start the backup?

Eg. For any reason I have in a Job 10 Hyper-V VMs but they are located in different countries with different time zones, so, I need to start the backup after hours depending on the local time of every VM.

Is that possible?

Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: different schedules within one backup copy job

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I think the "immediate" mode is what you are looking for. There is no schedule for that backup copy mode. It just starts to copy after the backup job finished.

With "periodic mode" and 10 locations / time zones and they need to be copied at different times, then you need 10 different backup copy jobs (each one with a different schedule)

Best regards,
Hannes
DomRock
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: DomRog

Post by DomRock »

Hi Hannes,

Thank you, I am touching the first time Veeam,

Just have a doubt and sorry if sounds silly but with this "immediate" mode how can I specify the time to start the copy of the different VMs into the 1 job?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
as I said: there is no schedule / start time. It's "immediately" after the backup finished.

If you want to specify start times, use the "periodic" mode and create a copy job for each location.

Just follow the wizard / links I posted above and you will see it. You can also limit times when the backup copy job is allowed to copy data if that helps (just follow the wizard)

Best regards,
Hannes