Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Shock
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Shockley

Can Veeam ONE 11 run on the same server as Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager version 11

Post by Shock »

I see there is an old topic on running these two applications on the same server and I was wondering if this is supported in version 11? Are there any tips or trick to installing the applications on the same server? We are a small shop with one Veeam Backup & Replication server and installed Veeam ONE 11 on it's own server not thinking we would need Enterprise Manager. But we found out that to monitor Veeam Backups with PRTG requires Enterprise Manager. We don't want to deploy a new server if Enterprise Manager can run on the same server as Veeam ONE.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Can Veeam ONE 11 run on the same server as Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager version 11

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Yes, that's possible. Just make sure there is enough CPU & RAM and that SQL database has enough free space if you use the built-in SQL Express database (which depends on the number of machines you have - "small shop" is hard to estimate). If you have less than 50 machines, then chances are good that it works fine.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: VeeamONE's main purpose is monitoring Veeam Backups :-)
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: Can Veeam ONE 11 run on the same server as Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager version 11

Post by nikolaj » 1 person likes this post

Hi Scott,

Since you're an SMB, running both products on the same server shouldn't degrade its performance that much (depending on the number of VMs some toll should be expected, though).
However, I'd recommend considering at least running a remote Microsoft SQL Server installation for both performance and redundancy purposes.
Another thing to consider: VONE relies on a client-server architecture, so one could install its components in a distributed environment. More on that could be found in the deployment section of the user guide.

Thanks.