Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
cgreeneepsilon
Lurker
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Cody Greene

Scale-out Backup Repository Reporting Assistance/Feature Request

Post by cgreeneepsilon »

Hello all,

I've previously created a case with Veeam support to try and find a way to get tenant specific storage reports that shows exactly how much storage is being used in each tier per tenant. I haven't been able to get a direct answer as to if this is possible however the technicians have linked to a couple of report articles with the last being listed here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110 - within the last mentioned note, the previous technician also recommended that this could potentially be accomplished via PowerShell however I haven't found a feasible means to get PowerShell to display the data in a report format.

The last mentioned report displays a way to view the accumulative storage (the performance, capacity, and archive tier all combined into one). The closest report that I've found so far is the built in email report that's sent out from the Backup and Replication console once email notifications have been enabled. It is the report shown here:

In the above report it shows the performance, capacity, and archive tier; all with their correct values. Ideally, we would like a report that breaks down this for tenants so there is an accurate and quick way to see how much storage a particular client is using for each tier (rather than seeing the combined total for everyone). With a tenant breakdown, it would allow us to bill what storage is being used to each tenant (client) quickly and efficiently.

For example, we currently have two tenants with different quotas:

Tenant A: 1.00 TB quota, 242.87 GB used space.
Tenant B: 80.00 TB quota, 65.67 TB used space.

Is there any possible way to show the breakdown of the tier storage for each specific tenant or is this currently impossible and needs to migrate into the realm of a feature request?

Please let me know, any assistance and insight is greatly appreciated.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Scale-out Backup Repository Reporting Assistance/Feature Request

Post by Gostev »

Cody, since you are a Veeam service provider, I recommend you apply to the corresponding forum User Group as to get access to the private forum where such questions are discussed with your fellow providers. This question may have already been asked and answered there...

@Vitaliy S. is there anything in VSPC for this?

I don't believe Veeam ONE goes deep into Cloud Connect tenants stuff right @wishr?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi everyone,

Regarding Veeam ONE, yes, currently we do not have a report that provides per-tenant data per tier type. We provide Cloud Connect User reports for both backup and replication, but they do not dive into the data distribution between different SOBR tiers.

Cody, here is a link to apply to the SP forum.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi Cody,

To get the required report you can install the FREE Veeam Service Provider Console (if you haven't done that yet) and then use our built-in billing reports/quota usage reports to get the required break down by tenant.

Here is a couple of links for further review:

1. Configuration of the subscription plan (this is required on your side, but you don't need to send this out to a tenant) > Step 6. Specify Rates for Cloud Backup Services
2. Select the quota usage report to get what you need > Choosing Invoice Type

Thanks!
cgreeneepsilon
Lurker
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Cody Greene

Post by cgreeneepsilon » 4 people like this post

Hey guys,

I can confirm that using the method mentioned by Vitaliy works great so thank you very much! Specifying the amount charged per GB per storage tier allows a breakdown of the storage for the specific tenant. It displays accurately and looks great, so thank you again.