Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Marcus1414
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Markus

Backup to Tape Job Some Tasks Require Retry

Post by Marcus1414 »

I have a GFS media pool enabled only for weekly backup and there's one Backup to Tape job scheduled to run Weekly (Sunday) and daily scan at 12AM. In the first schedule of the job runs, I can see the status showing as "Some tasks require retry" and the job was idle. It has been 11 hours and the job still showing Idle with 0% progress. So I disabled it and manually run the Active Full - Weekly and it starts running. May I know why is this happening? My Jobs settings are as below for example:

VM backup job: Forward incremental backup (daily incremental @ 7PM, Saturday synthetic)
Backup to Tape job: Daily scan time at 12AM, using GFS media pool. Weekly run on every Sunday
GFS media pool: Enabled only for Weekly retention > 2 weeks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Backup to Tape Job Some Tasks Require Retry

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
on the forums, we cannot read logfiles... so please check with support (describing as many details as possible what you did) and post the case number for reference.

Thanks,
Hannes
Marcus1414
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Markus

Post by Marcus1414 » 1 person likes this post

I think I found out the cause where the backup to tape job is waiting for the regular backup job to create a restore point. After I change the schedule to one hour after regular backup job completed then backup to tape job runs successfully.

Thank you.
davidwatts71
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: David Alexander Watts

Post by davidwatts71 »

or you can use the advanced option "Process the most recent restore point instead of waiting"