Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
yathus
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Proxy Linux on V10

Post by yathus »

Hello,

I had to migrate from version 9.5 to version 10.0.

I tried Linux for Proxy (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS), backups work as well as restores but I get some error messages on the proxy console :

Should I worry about this?

Thanks

Yathus
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: Proxy Linux on V10

Post by nikolaj »

Welcome to the forum, Yathus.

This output might indicate an issue with the storage devices that are connected to the machine. Or perhaps troubles with the partition table.
Consider searching for "Buffer I/O error on dev async page read" on the net to get some basic troubleshooting ideas, especially if you cannot boot into the OS shell.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hello,

In addition, if you are looking for someone with the same situation, you might be interested in this discussion.

Thanks!
yathus
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by yathus »

Hello Natalia,

I had read this thread before making this post, but for me it was a bit old, i'm using latest version of Veeam 10 : 10.0.1.4854 P20210609, maybe there had been some corrections since then.

I tried to restore an old one backup and it's working, my restored VM booted up.
i tried to restore a backup done with this linux proxy and it's worked too.

in any case, I have no error message in the Veeam console...

It is more by precaution that I ask the question, as we do not restore every day, I do not want to have backups that are announced as successful while the data is corrupted.
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by nikolaj »

I do not want to have backups that are announced as successful while the data is corrupted.
You might also want to consider SureBackups to protect yourself from a situation where your backups cannot be restored for some reason.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

I believe that these errors occur during data read in HotAdd mode. I'd try to isolate the issue by playing with other VMs having the same and another distro, it will help to understand whether it's related to the specific VM or to the specific distro. I don't think that you should worry about these errors but it's always better to be aware of the root cause so it would be best to contact our support team and to ask our engineers to investigate this behavior. Please share a support case ID if you open it.

Thanks!