Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BITuBIT
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Leonardo

v5 Checking free space Unable getting previous point

Post by BITuBIT »

Hi to all,

I'm in trouble...I have veeam 5.0.0.179 installed in a windows xp machine. The veeam machine have 3 different host connected:
- host1 live Linux virtual machine;
- host2 live Linux virtual machine;
- host3 target replica host.
- veeam windows machine with veeam installed.

host1 and host3 are in the same server farm.
host2, veeam are in two different server farm.

Until two weeks ago the replica of 2 different virtual machine (hosted in two different physical host) complete the replica correctly.
Just two weeks ago I received an error message and I restart the inizial replica from 0.
So I have deleted the two replica into the datastore in host3 and I have created one replica jobs that will complete correctly the host2 replica (250 GB). This replica works fine; now I have created another jobs in order to make a replica of host1 into local veeam host (near 400GB). The task complete correctly but if I retry the first replica (from host2 to host3) I obtain this message from veeam statistics:
Duration: 0:00:38

Checking free space
Unable getting previous point

and the replica of host2 failed; can anyone help me without restart the replica from 0 (virtual machine have 250 GB).

I have checked the property and this is my configuration for this replica:
- step1: Name .98 -> .37
- step2: Network --- Advanced: checked "Failover to network mode if primary mode fails"
- step3: 250 GB of my Linux machine (if I click recalculate it works fine)
- step4: the host is x.x.x.37 with Datastore: datastore if I click check space it show me: Estimated required space: 131,25 GB --- Restore point to keep on disk: 1 --- Replica disk is: As an original VM.
If I click on advanced buttom I have:
TAB Storage:
chcked on Enabled inline data deduplication (recommended)
Level: Optimal
Storage: Local target
TAB Vsphere:
checked on use changed block tracking data (recommended)
checked on enable changed block tracking for all processes VMs
TAB Advanced
checked Enable Vmware tools quiescence
checked Enable automatic integrity checks

I have verified in target host (host3) and the files are still present:
.nvram (8,48 KB)
.vmx (2,24 KB)
.vmdk (246.423.600 KB)
.vmdk (246.423.600 KB)
.vbk (48.640 KB)
.vbk (0,43 KB)
.vmxf (0,26 KB)
.vmsd (0,00 kB)

When I start the replica I cannot see any log into host2 and host3 vmware.

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks for all suggests,

Leonardo
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Checking free space Unable getting previous point

Post by Gostev »

Hi Leonardo,

You are not using the latest v5 version, 5.0.0 is over 1 year old release. Please upgrade to at least version 5.0.2 first. If the issue is still there, please open a support case and include the support case ID in this topic to prevent it from being removed (as explained when you click New Topic).

For more robust replication, I recommend that you upgrade to v6.

Thanks!
BITuBIT
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Leonardo

Re: v5 Checking free space Unable getting previous point

Post by BITuBIT »

Hi Gostev, sorry but If until yesterday everything worked fine the update is not the good suggest (it seems a marketing solution!). If I buy a car in 2010 usually I don't buy a new model on 2011 otherwise it mean that the car is done or the car is not good.

I'm pretty sure that the new version is better than mine but for that I need it is sufficient.
Anyone else can help me ?
Thanks in advance,

Leonardo
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

According to the forum rules, you do need to have a support case open for any technical issue you post on these forums. Now, because you are running unsupported version of the product, you will most likely not get support until you upgrade to the supported version (5.0.2). This is what my suggestion was based on, there is nothing marketing about it.

As for your issue, the only thing I can suggest without debug log investigation is to re-create the job. Judging on the error, most likely, something or someone had deleted (or corrupted) replica restore point. If you are not happy with re-creating the replica job, you need to contact our technical support.

Hope this helps, and please remember to post support case ID for this issue here, if you'd like to keep this topic going. Thanks!
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

The suggestion was only to upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.2, the latest bugfix release for the V5 product.

To use you own analogy, think about this. Imagine you purchased a 2010 vehicle, drove it happily for a few months, and then noticed that, under certain conditions, the transmission shifted slugglishly. You take the vehicle to the deal and discover that there is an updated ECU firmware that has fixes for certain transmission shift issues and that the dealer will apply these fixes for free. It's simply practical to apply this update and see if it correct the issue prior to pursuing more advanced troubleshooting.