Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
j.frenker
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Problem with connection VeeamOne & BR

Post by j.frenker »

Hi

we have a fresh installed Veeam B&R Enterprise Server (Version 11.0.0.837_20210525) on a new hardware and want also install VeeamOne (Version 11.0.0.1379_20210419) on the same machine (Windows Server 2019). The installation runs without of any problems, also the connection the SQL server works fine, but when I want to add a server to the infrastructure it failed when I select the local server, tried it with "localhost", "DNS-Name" and "IP-Address" (some funny fact: VeeamOne can't work with IPv6 Adresses :roll: ). The system is not part of any domain.

Error Message is:

I already have try it, while the Firewall is turned off, no luck with it. We already have reinstalled both programms (B&R and VeeamOne) with no luck.

Is there any known issue?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Problem with connection VeeamOne & BR

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Veeam doesn‘t support ipv6.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/d ... ml?ver=110

For the „add a server wizard“ issue, it should work to add a non domain joined vbr server to a non domain joined veeam One Server. I have that too in my lab on the same machine.
It‘s best to open a support case with veeam (as requested, when you open a topic for technical issues here in the forums). They can help with examine the debug logs.

The recommendation is to use different server of course, because veeam should be monitored from outside and not from inside on the same system. For example, An intruder on the backup server can disable all the cool reports which can be used to monitor non expected configuration changes on the vbr server. Or disable the monitoring alarms.
Or if the backup server is down, you wont get a monitoring notification about what is happening.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor » 1 person likes this post

@Mildur: Could the User Account Conteol be an issue if you're using local accounts? Is it enabled in your lab?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

I have to check that.
It could be that we have disabled remote UAC.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Typ: DWORD
Name: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
Value = 1
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by nikolaj »

I already have try it, while the Firewall is turned off, no luck with it. We already have reinstalled both programms (B&R and VeeamOne) with no luck.
What kind of credentials format are you using? The domain part in your user text field is blurred. If it's a local admin account on the same host, you don't need to specify the domain.
There are no known issues regarding non-domain connections, so yes, if all else fails, please submit a support request.
some funny fact: VeeamOne can't work with IPv6 Adresses :roll:
That feature is the making :wink:
j.frenker
Novice

Post by j.frenker »

Hi
thanks for the reply. Any Server of our Backup infrastructure is "not domain joined" because of some security reasons (when the domain is hacked, we could make sure, that the backup servers are not affected by this).

I have try the username with and without of the computername (not a domain name), also as targetserver "localhost" but with no effect. I will try the Registry Settings of @Mildur maybe that works.
j.frenker
Novice

Post by j.frenker » 1 person likes this post

I have open a Case #05024935
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi J. Frenker,

What particular components you have installed on that server? Is it just Enterprise Manager or also a VBR server? I'm asking because it's unclear from your posts. Please, also check that your account has the required permissions assigned.

Next, what happens if you select EM on the previous step of the wizard and try to specify credentials in the ".\username" and then "password" format (without quotes).

I would also suggest trying to disable UAC on the server you are trying to connect to.

As far as I see you created a case for VBR product - this is not correct and I'll ask our support management to reassign your case to VONE team. Also, please make sure to collect the logs and attach them to the case so our technical support engineers would be able to better understand what's going on there.

Thanks
Andrey Redko
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrey Redko

Post by Andrey Redko »

Did the advice from that link help you?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Andrey,

As far know there was an issue with VBR's WMI component which was fixed by re-installation. If you are facing an issue that looks similar to the original, please open a support case.

Thanks