Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PSI-INDY
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: PSI indy

Can't update due to old "Hyper-V" component

Post by PSI-INDY »

Hello,

I'm trying to install the new Veeam 11 update 1 RTM bits, and I've run into a bizarre problem. The primary installation completed successfully, however during the component update, I get "Failed to upgrade host components. Error: 'This server is not a Hyper-V host". This message is correct, we are not a Hyper-V shop. We run VMWARE vCenter. However, at one point in the distant past we did have the Hyper-V role installed on the Veeam server. It was a physical server at that time and there was a specific reason for that setup.
Veeam has since been through several upgrades, and it has been virtualized, but the database has been retained and upgraded. The Hyper-V integration component is still present on the server even though Hyper-V no longer exists. I'm not certain why this situation has not blocked any Veeam updates in the past.
Anyway, I have looked and looked, and I cannot find anyway to remove this component so that the update can complete. It seems like this should be easy to fix, but I'm not finding it. Do I need to remove something from the SQL database? Any help would be appreciated before I move on to contacting support.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Can't update due to old "Hyper-V" component

Post by Mildur »

Technical issues needs a support case.
Support will be able to remove it from the database for you :)
Manipulating the database should better be done by support.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PSI-INDY
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: PSI indy

Re: Can't update due to old "Hyper-V" component

Post by PSI-INDY »

OK, thanks.