Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Larry s
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Is there anyway to reset the alarm Repeat Count for one specific alarm?

Post by Larry s »

Hello,

The Repeat Count is an interesting feature and we tend to try to mitigate some of the alarms based on how often they have occurred. As such it would be great if we could reset the Repeat Count on a single alarm so that the count starts over again once we've done out mitigation.

I haven't found a setting to do this - is there one?

If not, I'd be interested to hear about the potential to zap the alarm records from the database - yes I know that most likely wouldn't be supported but even though I don't know the full data model, I suspect there's a row of data for each occurrence of the alarm and since I'm not interested in the history prior to the mitigation, I'm ok with that data getting removed.

Thanks for any thoughts anyone has on this.
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: Is there anyway to reset the alarm Repeat Count for one specific alarm?

Post by nikolaj »

Hi Larry s,

No, there's no reset button for the Repeat count at the moment. Perhaps, we should consider adding it.

If you want to remove the data manually you can truncate the monitor.HistoryTriggAlarm table of a particular VONE's instance. Or just delete unwanted entries by alarm ID column (triggered_alarm_id).
Larry s
Influencer

Post by Larry s »

Nikolaj - I've truncated the table monitor.HistoryTriggAlarm but the repeat count remains and continues to increment. I also looked at the table monitor.HistoryadvTriggAlarm and I don't see that it would be involved in this, per se.

Can you offer some other potential tables I might be able to remove rows from to zero out the repeat counter?

Thanks
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by nikolaj »

Hi Larry,

I might have made a hasty call.

One can change the repeat counter by editing either monitor.TriggeredAlarm.repeat_count column for the parent alarm or by passing repeat_count="0" for every occurrence in the XML packet in monitor.TriggeredAlarm.child_statuses column for child alarms.

The table update has to be made with the Veeam ONE Monitoring service in the Stopped state.
Then, monitor.HistoryAdvTriggAlarm has to be truncated and one has to wait until the end of the weekly data retention period to see those changes in UI.

If you do decide to go through with it, please make sure you have a recent DB backup at hand.
Larry s
Influencer

Post by Larry s »

Ok - so that made sense. I've adjusted the repeat_count column for the alarm in question and will now wait for the weekly data retention period.

Once I know the results, I'll update this so other will know, should anyone else have the same issue.

Thanks...Larry