Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sedwards
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Edwards

Need an old version of Veeam Agent

Post by sedwards »

I've checked https://www.veeam.com/download-version. ... b=previous and the 2.2 installer doesn't work for me. I've picked up a client running accounting software on an aged HP server with SBS 2008. I'm in the process of migrating them to a nice new 2019 VM but it's taking some time and I need a temporary backup solution. Veeam 2.2 won't install so I believe I would need a 1.x version here.

I understand there would be no support and that's fine, I just don't want this hardware dying on me with no option to recover before I'm able to deprecate it.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Need an old version of Veeam Agent

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Steve,
Veeam Endpoint 1.0(to be Veeam Agent in later versions) did not support raw Windows Server 2008 - it started with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and so did later versions of the agent.
So, ideally, you want to bump your current server to R2 SP1 and install latest Veeam Agent 4 on it for protection.
/Thanks!
sedwards
Novice
Full Name: Steve Edwards

Re: Need an old version of Veeam Agent

Post by sedwards »

Thanks for the help then
dcoronel
Lurker

[MERGED] Old versions of the free agent installer

Post by dcoronel »

Hi, is there a place where i can obtain some old versions installers? I would need the last version of the 1.x, and both the first and last versions of the 2.x, 3.x and 4.x
It would be really helpful to get those installers, thx
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Old versions of the free agent installer

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

You can find all available previous versions over here: https://www.veeam.com/download-version.html

Thanks!