Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
johmu
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: johann

Delete Job Log

Post by johmu »

Hello everyone,

i got a question: Is it possible to delete "old" entries in the last 24-hours job log? I know that's not possible via GUI but can i delete them on other ways?

Reason: We don't have any issues with our backup but someone hasn't set the time properly when the server was installed so we have erros for the year 2025 (yea, rly...), which is pretty annoying to see everytime you open B&R console :D :D

As you can see on the screen the dates are totally wrong and it's not deleting those entries; i guess until 14.03.2025 which is not really useful.

Some ideas ?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Delete Job Log

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Veeam support can help you to purge the entries from the database. :)
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
johmu
Influencer

Post by johmu » 1 person likes this post

yea, i've done that additionally today :)

but i thought maybe someone had the same issue sometime
soncscy
Veteran
Liked: 312 times
Full Name: Harvey

Post by soncscy »

I think I've seen this before; if you want to clean it without any editing or messing with powershell, you can temporarily set the server time to be in front of the end-date by 24 hour, and then close/open the console.

That "should" reset it. Then you can revert the server time and again close/open the console.
rennerstefan
Veeam Software
Liked: 146 times
Full Name: Stefan Renner

Post by rennerstefan »

Hi,

there is already a Thread covering the same
Topic.
Please add your request there so we can better track the amount of request for that specific topic.

veeam-backup-replication-f2/feature-req ... 52222.html

Thanks
Stefan Renner

Veeam PMA
johmu
Influencer

Post by johmu »

soncscy wrote: Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm I think I've seen this before; if you want to clean it without any editing or messing with powershell, you can temporarily set the server time to be in front of the end-date by 24 hour, and then close/open the console.

That "should" reset it. Then you can revert the server time and again close/open the console.
thanks for reply, i will try that !
johmu
Influencer

Post by johmu »

rennerstefan wrote: Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm there is already a Thread covering the same
Topic.
Please add your request there so we can better track the amount of request for that specific topic.

veeam-backup-replication-f2/feature-req ... 52222.html
Hi, thanks; veeam support also refered to that
johmu
Influencer

Post by johmu »

soncscy wrote: Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm I think I've seen this before; if you want to clean it without any editing or messing with powershell, you can temporarily set the server time to be in front of the end-date by 24 hour, and then close/open the console.

so i gave it a try but unfortunately the logs are still the same; but thank you anyway for the idea !