Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tx.fz
Novice
Liked: never

Backup to NAS and local USB secondary, without pulling from NAS?

Post by tx.fz »

Hi,

We have a backup job that uses a NAS for storage, and we need to store a copy on local USB media. We configured a backup copy job to do the job, but it's very slow due to needing to pull the data back from the NAS and onto the fast USB drive. It's much faster to simply run a separate job that creates a new backup on the USB, so am I wondering if this is the appropriate solution, or is there some way to work around the aforementioned issue?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Backup to NAS and local USB secondary, without pulling from NAS?

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

If backup copy job fits your backup window, then I'd just ignore the processing rate and I'd stick with the current approach. One of the main advantages is that files of the primary backup are used as a source of data, therefore you don't need to double the load on production by running backup jobs twice.

Also, what do you mean by saying that backup copy is very slow? What is the processing rate and what is the bottleneck according to job statistics? Probably, it's worth giving a chance to our support team to troubleshoot performance of your backup copy.

Thanks!