Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
backupdave
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Shearing

Veeam backups up nothing on error?

Post by backupdave »

We have a file server (Physical Agent Backup) that has a minor small amount of corruption on one of its drives 99.9% of it is readable. I would like to backup what I can while we fix it but Veeam seems to block recovery from the failed backup. I can see it backed up something is there anyway to use these files?

If I do an image backup it fails and under Home > Backups > Disk it list 0 backups for the server. However there are backup files in the repository

If I do a file level backup I can see the files for the other drives on the server but not the corrupt one despite the repository file being the correct size to contain it.

If it is actually backing it up why cant I see it? Is there anyway to tell Veeam to ignore the error and view what it has actually backed up?

Thanks

David
backupdave
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Shearing

Re: Veeam backups up nothing on error?

Post by backupdave »

To add a little more information.

The backup completed last night, again transferring just under 1tb from the effected drive. Its doing a file level backup and we get the following errors:

[MODERATOR] Log snippets have been removed from the post per forum rules.

I cant fix the partition layout because we need to fix the corruption first.

If Veeam is doing backups at a file level and transferring 1tb of data why cant I access the files it has transferred??
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Veeam backups up nothing on error?

Post by Gostev »

Wasn't me :) but please follow the rules of posting technical issues displayed in red font when you click New Topic and include the support case ID for this issue. Logs will need to be uploaded as you open the support case. Thanks!