Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rleon
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: RLeon

Restore from Backup Copy Job in Enterprise Manager

Post by rleon »

Hi all,

In Enterprise Manager, in the Machines tab, by looking at the "Location" column, it is easy to identify a VM's BackupJob and BackupCopyJob's copies, and choose the one you want to restore from.

However, in the Files tab for guest file level restores, I can't seem to be able to find a way to restore from BackupCopyJob copies.
After selecting a VM, a date and a Restore Point, clicking the (i) button it will always show that you will be restoring from the original BackupJob's copy.
Also, in the Items tab for Mailbox, SQL and Oracle restores, there doesn't even seem to be a place that tells you which copy you will be restoring from.

Sometimes, we would like to use EM to restore File, Mailbox, SQL and Oracle data using BackCopyJob copies located at a remote Repository.
I assume EM normally chooses the original BackupJob's copy to restore from.
What happens if that copy expired and only the BackupCopyJob's copy is available?

Is there a way in EM for you to manually choose which copy you want to restore from?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Restore from Backup Copy Job in Enterprise Manager

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

You cannot manually set it, as there is built-in logic that selects the most appropriate restore point for file-level restore - if original restore point is still in place (backup job), it will be always selected. Only if original restore point is missing, the secondary copy will be chosen. Thanks!
rleon
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: RLeon

Re: Restore from Backup Copy Job in Enterprise Manager

Post by rleon »

Thanks for clarifying veremin!