Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
superdevo
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David Torreggiani

Cannot find matching replicated copies of HPE Nimble snapshots

Post by superdevo »

Hello,
after upgrading to the latest Veeam version my SLS backup is not longer triggering snapshot replication to DR.
I have a job which takes a snapshot on our primary Nimble array and should trigger a transfer snapshot to the DR one. Both arrays are configured correctly as far as replication, volume collection etc... Still it seems like Veeam/Nimble API are not understanding each other when it comes to querying the remote collection.

This is what i see:

Code: Select all

[23.08.2021 15:15:02] Info [Nimble] Response: 'Code 'OK', ResponseUri 'https://XXXX//v1/replication_partners/detail?startRow=0', Location '', SetCookie '', Data '{"startRow":0,"endRow":1,"totalRows":1,"data":[{"alias":"","array_serial":"XXX","cfg_sync_status":"Yes","control_port":4213,"creation_time":1596133741,"data_port":4214,"description":"","folder_id":"","folder_name":"","full_name":"XXX","hostname":"XXX","id":"XXX","is_alive":true,"last_keepalive_error":"","last_modified":1596133741,"last_sync_error":"","match_folder":false,"name":"XXX","partner_type":"group","paused":false,"pool_id":"XXX","pool_name":"default","port_range_start":null,"proxy_hostname":null,"proxy_user":null,"repl_hostname":"XXX","replication_direction":"downstream","search_name":"XXX","subnet_label":"replication","subnet_netmask":"255.255.255.0","subnet_network":"XXX","subnet_type":"data","throttled_bandwidth":9223372036854775807,"throttled_bandwidth_current":-1,"throttled_bandwidth_current_kbps":-1,"throttled_bandwidth_kbps":9223372036854775807,"throttles":null,"unique_name":false,"version":141,"volume_collection_list":[{"id":"XXX","name":"COLLECTION"}],"volume_collection_list_count":1,"volume_list":[{"id":"XXX","name":"LUN","vol_id":"XXX","vol_name":"LUN"}],"volume_list_count":1,"partner_group_uid":XXX}]}''.
[23.08.2021 15:15:02] Error Failed to get target volumeCollection for source volumeCollection: 'COLLECTION'
Nimble is clearly providing a response, but Veeam doesn't understand it. Or at least this is what it looks like.

Nimble OS (for both arrays): 5.0.10
Veeam OS : 11.0.0.837 P20210525

I've opened a Veeam case (04865836) but support is still researching.
I'm opening this thread hoping somebody else saw this before and is able to provide some pointers.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cannot find matching replicated copies of HPE Nimble snapshots

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Hi David, thanks for opening a case, we will investigate.
tkutil
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Troy Kutil

Post by tkutil »

Did you find a resolution? We have been having the same problem with Veeam and Nimble replication
rennerstefan
Veeam Software
Liked: 146 times
Full Name: Stefan Renner

Post by rennerstefan »

Hi Troy,
not finding a volumeColletion often means that not both the source and destination are fully added to Veeam.
Can you please check, that all arrays are added to the VBR GUI and rescan works fine!?
Also, if you won't be able to solve it quickly I also like to ask you to open a case as well.
Thanks
Stefan Renner

Veeam PMA
tkutil
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Troy Kutil

Post by tkutil »

Thanks Stefan,

We do have a case open already and I shared your response with the technician.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Troy, to confirm Stefan's statement - not adding the target array to Veeam B&R was the reason for the OP's issues.