Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
COMO
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Conny Molin

Veeam infrastructure planning/layout

Post by COMO »

Hi,

We’re using a smaller VBR solution today with a couple of repos, proxies and so on along with a vmware/netapp virtualization platform and are planning to build a complete solution with VSPC (both front and backend), cloud gateways, M365 connectors, VeeamONE etc. We won’t necessarily use all components right off the bat but I still want to build the entire environment according to your best practice standard, just so I won’t have to rebuild or move anything at a later stage.

I’ve been looking for a complete infrastructure layout that summarizes all of your products together on one Visio or PDF with a clear view on what should be placed on internal networks, perimeter networks, DMZ and how the machines connect to each other i.e. data flows etc.
All the individual components have really good documentation regarding installation and planning but the big picture so to say, seems to be missing when you want to look at it from a planning scenario and start thinking enterprise/MSP scale.

Is this already available somewhere to help ease planning expansion and or setting up a new environment from scratch, or is this something that needs to be created?

I know this is available Ports - Veeam Service Provider Console Deployment Guide but it is still only centered around the VSPC and not really giving the big picture perspective.
//Conny
Sr. IT Consultant
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam infrastructure planning/layout

Post by veremin »

Not sure whether such guide exists, but you can definitely take some inspiration from the best practices guide created by our system engineers and architects - it's a structured compilation of real life knowledge; might be worth starting from there. Thanks!