Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mikeely
Expert
Liked: 69 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

UX request: move "saving settings" to active jobs so user can get other work done

Post by mikeely »

Here, I have finished editing a backup repo and selected import disks and indexes:

Unfortunately I can't move on to do other work because this import task is still running.

My suggestion is to move the import/save settings task to active jobs so there is feedback that the job is running but the user can use the Veeam console for other work.
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: UX request: move "saving settings" to active jobs so user can get other work done

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thanks - that's a common usability request. We count yours +1 đź‘Ť

The workaround for that is having two consoles open... not nice, but it works.

Best regards,
Hannes
mikeely
Expert

Re: UX request: move "saving settings" to active jobs so user can get other work done

Post by mikeely »

Thanks for the reply. Your suggested workaround is probably a better idea than what I did, which was to open up task manager and shoot veeam shell in the head. :D
'If you truly love Veeam, then you should not let us do this :D' --Gostev, in a particularly Blazing Saddles moment
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

This would have killed the process doing the import.
mikeely
Expert

Post by mikeely »

I'm sure it did, but other work was a higher priority. Next time I'll open a second console as @HannesK suggested.