Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mohkhalifa
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mohamed Abdelaal

Failed CDP

Post by mohkhalifa »

Dear Guys,

I need your advise regarding my home-lab that I'm using Veeam Backup & Replication v11.0.1.1261 with VMware ESXi v7.0.3 and VMware vCenter v7.0.3. I created CDP job for some VMs for testing and I'm contentiously every 1-2 hours receiving notifications mentioning that the CDP is failed as below

VM Name SLA RPO Max Delay Bottleneck Details
test-VM 99% 15 seconds 14 seconds Source Network RPO has been exceeded by more than 3 seconds

Please advise!

Thanks
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Failed CDP

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 1 person likes this post

Hello Mohamed,

Not sure what exactly you need to change - do you need to figure out why some of the sessions were failed? Or do you need to increase RPO time, or maybe re-configure the job notifications?

Also, if you need to change the reporting settings, you need to follow this guide (RPO reporting section).

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

To elaborate on Natalia's point: you receive this report, because there are RPO reporting settings configured (CDP policy settings -> Schedule -> Reporting). Those options define RPO exceed conditions upon which you should get warning and error reports. In your case the RPO has been exceeded by more than 3 seconds, as the result there was a report generated.

If it's more like an intermittent issue, you can simply increase those intervals.

Otherwise, check the CDP policy session and see whether there was an error that leaded to RPO exceed.

Thanks!
mohkhalifa
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mohamed Abdelaal

Post by mohkhalifa »

Thanks guys for your prompt reply. Is it safe to increase the RPO time ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

We cannot answer this question as RPO is determined solely by business requirements. So you should direct this question to whoever is responsible in setting those in your company. Some companies are fine about losing hours of data in the event of a disaster, other only seconds.
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Post by Natalia Lupacheva » 1 person likes this post

Hello Mohamed,

We've asked Documentation team to add RPO reporting screenshots to the guides for it to be more clear, and now it seems to be done. Please follow this guide.

Thanks!