Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
bpaquin
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bruno Paquin

Cannot mount disk - FLR not working in version 11

Post by bpaquin »

Hoping someone had this issue

We are running Veeam version 11 latest update, on Hyper-V Windows server 2019 hosts, on two separate servers at different sites, and all the backups and backup copies run fine.

Today I had to do a file level restore and it does not work, same issue with 2 different servers. After selecting the restore point it tries to mount the backup and then stops, giving the errors:

unable to mount disk: unsupported disk type
and then:
Mount wasn't found

In the Windows event viewer I get an event 290:

The restore session has finished with Failed state.
Job details: Unable to mount disk: unsupported disk type

I have tried what was suggested in kb1883, same issue. Latest restore I did was with version 9.5, before upgrading to 11, so I am not sure how long the issue has been occuring.

I also tried reinstalling the Mount service and rebooted the server, issue persists.

Any ideas would be welcome, in the meantime I did a restore using the "Linux and other" option.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cannot mount disk - FLR not working in version 11

Post by Mildur »

Make sure, that the mount server is the same or a higher OS version as the source vm you need to restore a file. If you want to restore from a server 2022, your mount server should be a server 2022 too.

If you have done everything in the kb, then the next step would be to open a support case as requested when you open a topic here in the R&D Forum for an technical issue. A support case is needed.

Veeam support can help you to get a solution after analyzing the debug logs.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
bpaquin
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bruno Paquin

Re: Cannot mount disk - FLR not working in version 11

Post by bpaquin »

Thank you

I did open a case (Case #05140355) and attached the logs

Servers are all the same version, and it worked fine before upgrading to version 11

Since it is the community edition I thought I would try my luck in the forums as well ;)