Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Morat
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Moving Config Backup location

Post by Morat »

Hi all,
I've just realised that I'm still saveing my config backups to the Veam B&R VM's C drive (the default location).
This is a bit silly (at best). I've three other repositories, including a cloud connect one.
Can I just set one of the existing repos as default and the config backups will move? Is that too simple? :)

I ask because the instructions from Veeam just say that you should accept "make default" when you create a new repository to change the configuration backup location.

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Moving Config Backup location

Post by Mildur »

You can change the Location. But Old files will not be moved. If you change the location, you can start immediately a new configuration backup and you will have the first one at the new location.

After the installation of VBR, I will always configure the location to a backup repo of my choice and enable the encryption of the configuration backup.

If you want, move the old config files manually per drag and drop to the new location.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Morat
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by Morat »

OK, so I change location simply by making a different repository the default?
thanks again...
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Morat

No, you need to change the Backup Repository in the settings. You can use this guide to configure your desired destination for the configuration backup:

Configuration Backups - Settings

Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software