Management reporting and documentation
Ben!
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Prickett

Performance Counter Issue

Post by Ben! »

Hi Guys,

I have recently installed Veeam Reporter and trying to run the Performance Report Pack but there doesn't seem to be any options for performance counters for either host of VM. Am I missing something simple here?

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Performance Counter Issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ben,

The only reason why you cannot choose any counter is that performance data hasn't been collected by Reporter. I would recommend to contact our support team and let them investigate collection log files.

Thanks!
damocue
Veeam ProPartner
Full Name: David Molina

Post by damocue »

I'm having the same issue. Is there any update on it?

Thanks in advance!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,

Do you see any error messages in collection job session? Do you have vCenter Server deployed or all these are standalone hosts?

Thanks!
damocue
Veeam ProPartner
Full Name: David Molina

Post by damocue »

No, there isn't any error on collection job sessions, and yes, I have a vCenter deployed.
I've noticed that there are no data for performance for monthly stats on vCenter, but there are for weekly and daily stats.

I've open a ticket on Veeam: 5193629
For future comrades with the same or similar issue ;)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, now it clear:) . As you know Reporter 4 retrieves only historical performance data (2 hours data stamps), as far as I know historical data is stored in monthly/yearly vCenter Server SQL tables, so if you do not have any information there, then there is nothing to collect for Reporter 4.

As to the OP issue, then standalone ESX(i) hosts do not store historical performance counters either, since they do not have any database for that. Only vCenter Server saves historical performance and for some reason (my bad) I didn't notice that vCenter Server is not present on the original screenshot.
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Post by rbrambley »

David,

Looks like this post was started on 01/09/12 this year and with a screen shot of our previous version of Reporter.
Now, there are much better Host and VM performance counter reports in the latest version of Veeam ONE (just released).

I'm not sure if you working with the latest version or not, but just in case (and for others viewing this thread) get Veeam ONE v6 here - http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-managem ... ution.html