Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
sdelacruz
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam De La Cruz

VAO and VBR at DR site. Need to create replicas

Post by sdelacruz »

So I finished installing a VAO server with imbedded VBR at my DR. I have a VBR server at my Production site but I want to start replicating my vms. My question is do I use VAO or VBR at DR site to create the replica jobs? I very familiar on creating replica jobs from VBR server at production but I do not see a way to create jobs directly on VAO. Sorry for the dumb question. :roll:

Sam
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: VAO and VBR at DR site. Need to create replicas

Post by Alec King »

There is a fully-featured VBR server included on the VAO server. You can use VBR console on the server, or remotely, to access it as usual. Please note that you have to apply a LICENSE to the embedded VBR if you plan to use it, as by default it is not licensed.

We do recommend that the VBR server performing the replication jobs is located on the DR site, as this means replica orchestration is possible even if Production site has been lost (including the production VBR).
The embedded VBR on VAO server would be ideal for the replication role.
You don't need to push any VAO agent to the embedded VBR as it is already integrated into VAO. Just create replication jobs in the console.

Any questions let us know, thanks!
sdelacruz
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam De La Cruz

Post by sdelacruz »

OK Got it.
One last question. When I want to create new Replica Jobs and Want to Failover or failback, do I use the VAO console or the VBR console?

Also right now I applied the latest version of the VBR 11a and now I noticed that VAO does not see as connected.
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

If you want to create new replica jobs - then you would use the VBR server which is installed on the VAO server.
If you want to failover or failback, you can run the plan you create in VAO that uses those replicas.

Regarding VBR version 11a, it is not supported by VAO v4. You will have to upgrade the VAO server to VDRO (the new name) v5 - the release is very very close!
Alec King
VP, Product Management

Post by Alec King »

As I promised yesterday, the new v5 release of Orchestrator has just shipped! :) post273091.html#p273091