Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
oarmandt
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Owe Armandt

No automatic reboot upon DC VM restore

Post by oarmandt »

Gostev, it is not as automated as you tell me though. Even if I do nothing (just wait the standard 30 seconds for it to continue "start nornmally") it will come up but no restart is done. I just wait for a while and then login - first thing I need to do is to give a reson for the unexpexted shutdown. But tehre is no first automatic reboot that you talk about.

So the behaviour is not like the one have described. I really need to get a clear picture of what to expect and not.
I have a support case where I have asked this and been told that I must use authoritative restore if I need to use my replica since I only have one DC

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam B&R v5 recovery of a domain controller

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Authoritative restore is not mandatory, and in most of the time you will need to do only non-authoritative restore in order to bring your DC back to the production site.

Btw, have you enabled "application aware image processing" for your DC backup job?
oarmandt
Novice

Post by oarmandt »

But - back again, it does not behave as Gostev describes it. I keep getting "dirty power off message" and no automatic reboot after first power on of replica.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Have you enabled "application aware image processing" for your DC replication job? What is your support case number?
oarmandt
Novice

Post by oarmandt »

Yes - I have enabled. It is 5161552