Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Sneddo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Sneddon

Error: Not enough licences

Post by Sneddo »

Hi Guys,

When we first started using Veeam Backup and Rep 6 we had a trial 30 day licence. During this time we replicated 9 servers to our DR site.

When it came time to purchasing a licence due to pricing we bought a (I think) 6 socket licence which covered 3 of our VM hosts. We then moved the 9 DR servers we replicated to be all together on 3 VM hosts. However now it is saying we don't have enough licences. I assume this is because initially they weren't on the same 3 hosts?

They are now and under our licencing we can backup and rep VM's on 3 hosts so how can I get these VM's to replicate again?

Thanks a lot.
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Error: Not enough licences

Post by Sethbartlett »

The host names may have changed or IP has changed and there is duplicate entries basically. Go into Help -> License Information -> Licensed Hosts -> Click each host and revoke all of them. You can also go to our kb: http://www.veeam.com/KB1470 and check out the screenshots and just a tid bit more information :)
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
Sneddo
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Sneddon

Re: Error: Not enough licences

Post by Sneddo »

Fantastic thanks