Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SAFA_IT
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: David Thomson

Veeam Cloud Connect - support suggestion

Post by SAFA_IT »

Over many years I have always found Veeam support to be very good. However, I believe support cases for VCC could be improved.

Typical scenario:

Me: Open case and supply logs
Veeam: Ask your SP to open a case, associate it with your case number and supply logs
SP: case opened, logs sent
Veeam: SP sent incomplete logs - we will request them via the other case reference

waits .....

Suggestion: when you open a VCC support case with Veeam, you already identify your SP. At this point, the SP should be copied in and be expected to provide logs directly to Veeam in a reasonable timeframe.

This should result in faster solutions managed under a single case number with full visibility for the customer.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam Cloud Connect - support suggestion

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thanks for the suggestion, I will talk with support which improvements could be made.

I assume the best way to solve it in foreseeable future would be that you open a case with your service provider first and then they can put everything together.

Best regards,
Hannes
SAFA_IT
Enthusiast

Post by SAFA_IT »

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for passing this on.

The issue with opening a case with the SP first is that I then get no visibility of what is happening on the Veeam side and the case proceeds at the pace dictated by the SP.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

SAFA_IT wrote:Suggestion: when you open a VCC support case with Veeam, you already identify your SP. At this point, the SP should be copied in and be expected to provide logs directly to Veeam in a reasonable timeframe.
There is potential for abusing this identification since someone can select a random provider from the list or just give a wrong name and this will not help in speeding up the process. I believe it still must go through SP in the first place as VCC is controlled by the provider and SPs have a special queue and priority when opening a support ticket. Just my 2 cents.
SAFA_IT
Enthusiast

Post by SAFA_IT »

When I open a case there is no list to select from - I have to type the SP name. I use two VCC service providers and I would have no problem with Veeam keeping a record of this in my support account. The SP is also identified in the user logs, so Veeam support know who they should be dealing with.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, I'm not saying it is not possible, but since any text can be put as the name of the SP, then this could lead to errors. Anyway, thanks for your feedback! We will see what we can do.
soncscy
Veteran
Liked: 312 times
Full Name: Harvey

Post by soncscy » 1 person likes this post

SAFA_IT wrote: Dec 01, 2021 10:27 am The issue with opening a case with the SP first is that I then get no visibility of what is happening on the Veeam side and the case proceeds at the pace dictated by the SP.
Doesn't your provider include you in such updates or have some notification agreement? We work closely with a few local providers for clients that want offsite managed storage, and all of them offer a very clear Service Agreement on the frequency of updates and inclusion with the vendor(s) if there's an issue (not just Veeam, any vendor related to protecting their data).

Some of the info is abbreviated for sure to remove sensitive things, but I don't think I've had a client unhappy with their arrangement. If it's a concern for you, maybe you need to discuss a better agreement with your provider, or find one willing to take your data protection seriously; I couldn't fathom putting my backups into the hands of a provider that doesn't take the time to keep me informed about what's going on with my data.
HostedBDR
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Paul Huff

Post by HostedBDR » 2 people like this post

I can only agree with everyone here. As an SP ourselves, yeah, that communication must be there. Otherwise, time to find someone that is willing to earn that trust/business.
SAFA_IT
Enthusiast

Post by SAFA_IT »

The SP in question was good until around April 2020 ....

I did discuss moving everything to the other SP earlier this year, I think I will have to dig out the proposal again.