Disaster recovery orchestration for the Enterprise (formerly Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

No Network Connection for VMs (Orchestration Plan using Datalab)

Post by spider32 »

We have been having intermittent issue with VMs coming up in the Datalab (with an Orchestration Plan) with no network connectivity.

We resolved the issue by doing one of the following: disconnect/reconnect the vNIC, vmotion to another esxi host or to the same host, or console into the server and disable/enable the adapter at the OS level.

This does not seem to be a Veeam issue but want to know if others have seen this behavior and have a fix.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: No Network Connection for VMs (Orchestration Plan using Datalab)

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
according to your solutions, it does not seem to be the "classic" Linux issues. It might still be ancient operating systems issues as I don't read what you are using.

I would start with plain VBR SureBackup and troubleshoot there. Maybe ask Veeam support for help if the reason is not obvious. Veeam support needs logs and information about the OS, VMware etc. versions.

Best regards,
Hannes
spider32
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Alexander Martinez

Post by spider32 »

Appreciate your input. We are a Windows shop so all of the VMs that we bring up using Veeam Orchestrator are Windows. I am inclined that the issue may not be on the OS since a couple of the solutions involve vmotion and disc/connecting the vNIC which are both done on the VMWare side.

Yes, I guess it wouldn't hurt opening a ticket to support see what they can find out. I'll also put in a VM other than Windows and see how ti behaves as well. Thanks.
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Please do open a support case. There are two layers of network mapping taking place when a plan is tested in a VDRO DataLab, and there can be issues with this process. We can dive into your logfiles and try to find the root cause here. Thanks!
indianajonson
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Indiana Jonson

Post by indianajonson »

HannesK wrote: Dec 06, 2021 6:53 am Hello,
according to your solutions, it does not seem to be the "classic" Linux issues. It might still be ancient operating systems issues as I don't read what you are using.

I would start with plain VBR SureBackup and troubleshoot there. Maybe ask Veeam support for help if the reason is not obvious. Veeam support needs logs and information about the OS, VMware etc. versions.

Best regards,
Hannes
thank you for the elaborate issue.