Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
FreddyN
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Freddy Neuhaus

Offload to AzureBlob interrupted

Post by FreddyN »

Hello World :)

In Case 05163795 we are investigating a error in SOBR Offload. -> Object storage cleanup failed: failed to retrieve a certificate from DefaulEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName=xyz123

It started out of nothing(we changed the time-slot the Offload-Job is allowed to run and network throttling +/- 30 hours before this error happend first time)
The first finding of the veeam support is:
Failed to establish SSL tunnel to xyz123.blob.core.windows.net:443 through proxy [proxy.ch.abb.com:8080]. (Veeam.Backup.Common.CCppComponentException)
We are in touch with the network-team but so fare there was no changes to proxy or firewall, nor any rule that should block https-connection to azure blob

Now it gets special:
Starting on Friday evening the offload job started to transfer small amount of data(50-100GB)
We have about 40 backupjobs in the offload, about 35 still failed with this message, but some backupfiles have been transfered successfull-> How does it work, if the connecton cannot be established? (the internet/network connection it self is up and running) :?:

There is also this one point in all this that makes me doubt veeam b&r:
in some tasks the certificate message is not marked as warning or error but as SUCCESS. C'ome on Veeam :shock:

Someone has been in this situation and have some tip for me?

Best regards
Freddy
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Offload to AzureBlob interrupted

Post by PetrM »

Hi Freddy,

The case was created just a few days ago, let's wait for what our support team can find out. Also, I'll ask our support leaders to pay attention to your case and probably escalate it.

Thanks!