Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
SandroR
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sandro Riz

Local Storage specify serial or label instead drive letter

Post by SandroR »

I'm running Veeam Agent 5.0.1 and I setup as destination backup a removable usb disk that is mapped with a drive letter (eg. E:\VeeamBackup)

Unfortunately in those days of mixed office/home working, when I'm home there is another disk attached as E: where I DON'T want that backup is made.

Is it possible (or will be in the future) to specify like other products (eg. SyncbackupPro) the Serial Number or the Label of the disk and if not found that backup will fail ?

Any other strategies advised? I know I can change drive letter to differentiate home and work disks, but sometimes Windows messes up and restores or swaps the letters of removable devices.

Thanks
Sandro
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Local Storage specify serial or label instead drive letter

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Sandro,

You can use Backup to Rotated Drives functionality together with When backup target is connected event. Whenever your drive is connected - it will start the backup job. You can bind the drive latter to the USB device via Windows Disk Management. Hope that helps!