Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Bygmait
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BygmaIT

Reinstall Veeam B&R V.5

Post by Bygmait »

Hi

My server where Veeam has been installed, chosed today to trash up my Windows installation, and therefore I had to reinstall Windows.

This is now done, and the "old" Windows installation is now under "Windows.old", because I wanted to see if there was a way I could recover my Veeam backup files / jobs, so that I could reinstall Veeam B&R V.5 now again, and "import" all my old jobs, and thereby all the files that the backup are in.

But is this posible?
I haven't installed Veeam B&R yet, so pleace let me know, if there is a way, or do I have to start all over, and just hoping that over the next couple of days, we don't have a breakdown of a importen system.

Awaiting an answer, hopfully today, so that I can make an backup tonight again.

Regards

//// EDIT: Looks like I'm in the wrong arear. Don't know how the thread ended up here. Can someone please move this thread?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Reinstall Veeam B&R V.5

Post by Gostev »

If the SQL server with Veeam configuration database is still available (if you used remote SQL), then you can just point setup to this database, and all your jobs will be available in the new installation. Also, if you still have database files left (MDF and LDF), you should be able to reattach them to the newly installed SQL Server using the SQL Management Studio, and then again all your configuration will be present. However, if the database files are lost, then you will have to start over again. Thanks.
Bygmait
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: BygmaIT

Re: Reinstall Veeam B&R V.5

Post by Bygmait »

Hi

A quick reply to my problem.

I still got access to the old SQL files, so last night, I installed Veeam B&R v. 5 again, and SQL server manager.
Open up the SQL Manager, and deletet the Veeam Backup database.
Then I attacht a new database, and found the old database file, witch containt all my backup jobs.

Started Veeam, and everything worked as before.

Nice :-)

I have now setup a script to automatic backup the SQL server database to another installation, so that I always have the database file, is this ever happens again.

Thanks for helping me out.