Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

CDP Initial Sync - Error: Failed to process daemon task

Post by jtupeck »

NOTE: The customer is filing a support case and uploading logs as I type this. I will update with the case # as soon as they send it my way. I wanted to get this into the forums now before my work day is ended, so I can quickly update it from my mobile as soon as the email comes in. Please do not delete this. I will update with the support ticket asap.

Synopsis: CDP was set up for a customer today and it went relatively well until we got to the initial run of the CDP Policy and were presented with this error:

Code: Select all

VM configuration for the initial sync completed with errors Error: Failed to process daemon task: first occurrence at 12/9/2021 4:14:05 PM, last occurrence at 12/9/2021 4:22:05 PM, 9 retries
Initial replication completed
We see the replica get briefly created in vCenter, but then it disappears and the sync starts over again. Rinse and repeat until the policy is disabled. We are trying to set up a POC deployment and initially tried replicating from one host to another host in the same cluster, but then broke the hosts out into separate clusters (same vCenter) and the same error occurred. I am not finding anything when i search the error and any help would be appreciated.
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

Re: CDP Initial Sync - Error: Failed to process daemon task

Post by jtupeck » 1 person likes this post

Support ticket # is 05175674
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

We also have not seen anything similar on these forums before, so will follow the support investigation internally. I will update the topic, if we find something interesting. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Your current product version you are using does not support vSphere version that is currently in place in your infrastructure. You can check build version compatibility here (see the parts in red).

So installing the latest product build should fix the issues for you.

Thanks!