Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
GM-1
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Giuseppe Mangogna

TapeDrive alert: Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past

Post by GM-1 »

Hello everybody
It is not the first time that I find this warning message in VEEAM B&R: TapeDrive alert: Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past.

I have looked on Internet and it seems that this message is one of the "Industry Standard Tape Alert Error Flags".
The warning "Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past" happens because: "Drive or library powered down with tape loaded"

From what I read; it seems that we can ignore this error message.
I have not much experience with this kind of errors; so I am asking some suggestion about this message; as ignore it or clean the drive with a cleaning cartridge or something else.

Thank you and best regards
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: TapeDrive alert: Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past

Post by Dima P. »

Hello GM-1,

Yup, looks like it's a drive alert received via Veeam B&R tape job. It represents that tape read/write cycle count during that specific tape drive operation was lost (so, say, the tape might be counted as retired slightly later that expected due this counts being ignored). I'd say it's not serious and could be ignored but please make sure that your drive firmware/drivers are up to date and perform extra drive cleaning just in case. Cheers!
GM-1
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Giuseppe Mangogna

Re: TapeDrive alert: Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past

Post by GM-1 »

Thank you
I will do it