Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Best practice in configuring and deploying Veeam SureBackup

Post by albertwt »

Hi Experts,

I need some help and the guidance in creating and configuring a separate Veeam SureBackup Network, that is separate from my VMware production network.

Are there any best practice steps and procedures to follow without causing outages or disruptions with the existing network ?

Thank you in advance.
Case #05178942
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Best practice in configuring and deploying Veeam SureBackup

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
as I mentioned already a couple of times: please contact support only if you have technical issues. Not if you need a "how-to" answer or professional service. I asked support to close the case.

Causing disruptions to the existing network with SureBackup is almost impossible (meaning it's only possible with the advanced multi-host setup or manual misconfiguration outside Veeam).

Using the "advanced single-host" virtual lab is the way I always recommend. Additional network / routing configuration can be avoided by putting the virtual lab in the same subnet like the backup server.

Best regards,
Hannes
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Post by albertwt »

Cool, thank you for the response HannesK,

Do I just specify or allocate one single VMware ESXi server (Hypervisor) with sufficient RAM to make sure the Surebackup can run those VMs for testing ?
I'm curious to know how does this advanced single host is configured on the network side.
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
yes, one host is enough in most cases. using multiple VLABs in parallel would give you more performance.

the user guide tells it. and and several blog posts written by many people (the search engine of your choice finds them). or youtube videos if you prefer watching videos ( the "data reuse" section)

Best regards,
Hannes