Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
jcollier5hole
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jim Collier

Moving file share repository that have a attached archive in Azure or AWS.

Post by jcollier5hole »

I have a number of file share backup repos that need to be moved to new storage. Their is no information that I can find on how to move a fs repo to a new location along with its archive (azure or aws). I have been successful moving some of the repo's, is seem to react different every time I try the migration. Not sure if I should import the backups before before creating the Archive repo and rescanning or what the order should be. I often get the error that the archive is in a inconsistent state, when I map the backup and add the archive repo to the job. Rescanning a number of times sometime fixes the issue, sometime I have to remove the config from the database and add it backup by rescanning the repo's. This is no rhythm or reason as to how I get it to work and I cannot seem to find a process that works every time. Support has been little to no help. In my view Veeam should have a tool to support migration to new storage or at least some documentation on how to make a proper migration.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Moving file share repository that have a attached archive in Azure or AWS.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jim

May I ask, Is this about Nas Backup (FS Repo with Archive Repo) or a SOBR with Capacity and Archive Tier?
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
jcollier5hole
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jim Collier

Post by jcollier5hole »

Hi,

My exact scenario is a SOBR that is backing up File Share(s) which have a archive repo in the job configuration.

Do this answer your question. The biggest issue is trying to get the Archive Repo reattached to the new job and backup repo.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Thanks.

Mapping the archive repo of a NAS Backup Job is not possible, it can only imported for restores. I don‘t think this limitation has changed with V11a.

Veeam confirmed it here:
post402877.html#p402877
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software