Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Tom Bale
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thomas Bale

Error Rebuilt VM Hosts ESX4.1 to ESXi4.1

Post by Tom Bale »

Hi All,

I know that I am not meant to post support requests but I am not getting a reply from support and really want to get this sorted out.

We have just rebuilt 5 hosts from ESX 4.1 to ESXi 4.1. Since this all jobs that include a job on these rebuilt hosts have been failing with the following error:

Code: Select all

Error: The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created
Has anybody seen this before? If I browse the server through the VC in the Veeam Console (hope that makes sense) I cannot reconfigure the individual hosts as Veeam still seems to think that they are ESX hosts and not ESXi and as such asks for SSH credentails.

Strangly 2 of the 5 hosts are actually OK but the rebuild process for each was exactly the same.

I have read the following suggestions on the forums so far with no luck:

Revoke Licenses for failing Hosts
Remove VM's from job and re-add

I am getting to the point that I think I need to remove the VC from Veeam and re-aadd it but according to V6 documentation you must remove all related jobs etc before being able to do this, which would take a while and I am sure to get 'something' incorrect.

Support Ref: 5159357
Any advice appreciaited
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Error Rebuilt VM Hosts ESX4.1 to ESXi4.1

Post by Sethbartlett »

I have responded to your ticket, please do keep in mind that your ticket has only been open for 10 hours and you usually want to be patient :)
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
jpaul
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Paul

Post by jpaul »

Im getting these errors too after upgrading to vsphere 5.

I tried removing the object from vcenter and readding... it works for some but not for others.

What was the fix?
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

It was a database edit actually. You need to open up your Hosts table and change your host from ESX to ESXi, type will be 6 to 0. If you want to make a ticket, we can do this for you.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
jpaul
Enthusiast
Full Name: Justin Paul

Post by jpaul »

Sethbartlett wrote:It was a database edit actually. You need to open up your Hosts table and change your host from ESX to ESXi, type will be 6 to 0. If you want to make a ticket, we can do this for you.

No, I figured it out. After opening up the hosts table and seeing that both the "old" setup was listed and the "new" setup I just deleted all the jobs that had to do with when they were ESX and vSphere 4 and then removed that vcenter server from the list as well as the esx hosts. Now that the vSphere 5 and ESXi hosts are the only things left in there jobs are completing fine.

Thanks for the hint!
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

That works too :P That's good you got everything up and working now.
rmacdonald
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rich MacDonald

Post by rmacdonald »

10 hours is normal for a ticket to be open with no communication? Seriously, on an issue where he cant backup at all on atleast one host.

Come on Veeam!!! You guys might be able to shorten the time if you post solutions on your forums instead of requiring everyone to open a support ticket for every issue. I understand this will decrease the amount of support revenue but so will losing a customer with ridiculous response time.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Post by Gostev »

Depending on your support level (Standard or Premium), and case severity level, 10 consequent hours may be perfectly normal. You can reviews SLAs for different case severity levels in our support policy. Please keep in mind that with Standard support, only business hours are taken into account toward SLA timers.

If you are not happy with the support provided, or believe that SLAs are not being met, please direct your feedback to Support Management (look for Talk to a Manager button on Veeam support portal). Remember that support management will not know there is an issue until you tell them (they do not monitor these forums).

All solutions to known issues are being posted in the Knowledge Base on our Support Portal. We used to post them on forums before, but that approach hit its scalability limits about 3 years ago. And since then, our customer base increased 10x times...

Finally, I'd like to remind that this forum is not intended for technical support, which is something clearly explained when you click New Topic. If you still decide to post a technical issue here given all the points listed there, you must follow the rules and include support case ID (as without it, the team behind this forum will simply not be able to assist you with your issue).
TolgaAsik
Novice
Full Name: Tolga ASIK

Post by TolgaAsik »

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have ESXI 5.0 Update 1, Veeam Backup 6.1, vCenter 5.0 . All hosts , Veeam and vCenter is working correctly. But I saw this message "Error: The object has already been deleted or has not been completely created" related to some VMs in Veeam alert and job . I checked these VMs is working. Furthermore these VMs is working on the same host.

Do you have any idea?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tolga,

Did you open a support ticket with our technical team on the issue you're having? It's hard to troubleshoot technical issues without reviewing full log files.

Thanks!
TolgaAsik
Novice
Full Name: Tolga ASIK

Post by TolgaAsik » 2 people like this post

I have solved this issue.
Veeam BR Console - Insfrastructure - vCenter (right click) - Rescan
0r
Veeam BR Console - Insfrastructure - vCenter (opern host list) - ESXI host (right panel - right click- Properties - Next button on Wizard - "... was successfully modified." message - Finish.

After this action , I started the backup jobs, everthing was fine. I don't get this message any jobs.

Thanks.