Backup of NAS, file shares, file servers and object storage.
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

nas second repository copy

Post by matteu »

Hello,

Support case : 05184041

My secondary backup destination for the NAS job is not working and support ask my customer to use file copy.
I totally don't agree with it. File copy has no retention and use a full each days... totally impossible for severall TB of datas.

I would expect some analyze about the logs but nothing... Is it possible to find the root cause and maybe a solution ?
The NAS contains 3 shares.
2 are test with just some KB and are working for backup + copy.
1 is the real one with TB and working for backup but not for copy.

Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: nas second repository copy

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Matteu,

In such situations, we recommend escalating the case. This can be done using the "Talk to manager" button.

Thanks
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
I asked my customer to do it :)
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

Unfortunately she didn't and I'm not sure the support engeneer know what the issue is talking about because he asked her to select a folder in a share to test but we are on a filer NAS... there is no possibility to select a folder.
I think I will just ask her to start from scratch the job and see if this happen again because it will take ages to be solved if she doesn t escalate.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Matteu,

The information you are providing here will surely help the engineer to understand the situation better and find an appropriate solution, so please keep working with our customer support team directly to make sure all the information is provided to the engineer working on your case. From the case comments, I see that the root cause is suspected to be the source repository (inability to connect to it), but for now, let's see what the investigation will help to discover.

If you are unhappy with the engineer or the customer support service in general, we recommend escalating the case.

Thank you!