Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

VCenter compatible question

Post by trackstar »

We are currently on Veeam 10.0.0.4461 P1. We are testing vCenter version 7.0.3.00100 (ESXi clients are 7, update 2). Can somebody confirm that Patch 2 will be compatible? We want to move to the next compatible version/patch which will enable us to continue to use with vCenter 6.5 (production) and vCenter 7.

Thanks,
TT
rennerstefan
Veeam Software
Liked: 146 times
Full Name: Stefan Renner

Re: VCenter compatible question

Post by rennerstefan »

Hi TT,
the First VBR version that adds support for vsphere 7 u3 (which is your Vcenter) is Veeam Backup & Replication 11a (build 11.0.1.1261). So you would need to upgrade from your current version. 11a also supports 6.x releases.

For more info follow the link:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... astructure

Thanks
Stefan Renner

Veeam PMA
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

Is the upgrade straightforward? I have done several in the past but since we have only one week left before company shuts down.

From memory, we don't have to upgrade Veeam One reporting if we don't need to? Just want only upgrade the minimum this time.

TT
Origin 2000
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times

Post by Origin 2000 »

VeeamOne -> Veeam Enterprise Manager -> Veeam B&R. Thats how you should update.
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

Check out the the Veeam Upgrade Center for V11 in the Veeam community, there's all necessary and useful information there.
https://community.veeam.com/news-56/vee ... or-v11-608

Especially the Upgrade guide will be what you're looking for: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110
rennerstefan
Veeam Software
Liked: 146 times
Full Name: Stefan Renner

Post by rennerstefan »

trackstar wrote: Dec 10, 2021 9:40 pm From memory, we don't have to upgrade Veeam One reporting if we don't need to? Just want only upgrade the minimum this time.
As mentioned by others you need to upgrade Veeam ONE as well if you are on v10 right now as Veeam ONE v10 won’t support vbr v11.

Please follow the links provided by Regnor, esp. the upgrad guide one.
Stefan Renner

Veeam PMA
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

Tried the upgrade on Veeam One 11v yesterday and it failed (didn't copy the error message). So I removed some components under program and features, then retried (this time, I didn't get the upgrade option but only install). Ran multiple times again and still failed with the following message below:

Failed to configure the product. Some configuration actions failed to complete.

Right now I am not able to open a new case on the portal, some issues that licensing team is looking at. The machine is a Windows 2016 Standard version. I read through the posts and am aware of the account that run the installation has to be the same as the service account (at least earlier posts). Any suggestions?

Btw, I ran the version Build: 11.0.1 (Veeam Availability Suite) which is the only downloadable from the account.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Such issues are hard to assist with without the logs so please open a case once you resolve the licensing issue. Thanks!