Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cdauray
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: chad dauray

start SureBackup jobs automatically

Post by cdauray »

I have been working with Veeam Backup and Replication for about 6 months now, backing up vSphere VMs. I am no expert.

Our infrastructure was already in place when I started working here. We have 27 backup jobs running in a chain.

We set up a lab for SureBackup. I can create a SureBackup job and run it manually, no problem at all.

I cannot link it to "run after" a backup job. It just never starts. Same if I schedule it for a certain time of day. It never starts and no mention of it in the logs.

I'm starting simple, just so I can get a grasp of the process; no application group, no special scripts or anything. Just take this backup job and verify the ping test, then clean it up.

Is this a result of having our backup jobs running in a chain? I think my "boss" would be fine if I changed that, if I give a good reason, like the ability to start SureBackup job automatically.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: start SureBackup jobs automatically

Post by PetrM »

Hi Chad,

I wouldn't change the current configuration without exact proves that the issue is related to jobs running in a chain. I think our support engineers can confirm this hypothesis after debug logs analysis. May I ask you to raise a support request and share its ID with us?

Thanks!
cdauray
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: chad dauray

Post by cdauray »

I just tried create a support request but it looks like we don't have that ability for Backup and Replication, only for the Office 365 product.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Chad,

May I ask you to contact our support team over the phone?

Thanks!