Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wreber
Novice
Liked: never

Managed File Replication

Post by wreber »

Is there a good write up on Veeam Managed File Replication? I need to understand how it works and if and how it integrates with backup storage device replication.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Managed File Replication

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Are you asking on how we integrate into DataDomain Managed File Replication or how we copy our backup data arround ?
wreber
Novice

Post by wreber »

Probably some of both would help. I was asked by a customer how InfiniGuard would work with Managed File Replication. His concern is with rehydration of the data at replication time. He made it sound like MFR was a Veeam feature but I haven't found anything about it (other than DD).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

MFR is a Data Domain feature, in Veeam B&R we have backup copy jobs that replicate backup files between repositories. If the customer's concern is whether Veeam B&R uses storage replication technology in the background, then it is not the case for InfiniGuard - data is rehydrated and copied via Veeam B&R data mover components.
wreber
Novice

Post by wreber »

Thanks
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Veeam best practices is to backups (maybe minimum amount) on a non deduped storage system and do from there Backup Copy Jobs to both sides with the dedup devices. Potentially use Veeam WAN Accelerator to replicate data over WAN links.