Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

Backup Copy to StoreOnce

Post by adam900331 »

Hy!

I will have a deployment. There will be a Veeam B&R v11 with Backup Proxy role and direct connection to SAN network. There will be a HPE StoreOnce which will be direct connection to the SAN network. I will add the StoreOnce as repository to Veeam B&R.

I have a VMware environment with local disk with many VM. This VMware server hasn't got direct connection to SAN network. I would like to backup the VMs data to StoreOnce.

My plan: Add this VMware to Veeam B&R console, create normal backup job over LAN to the Veeam server local disks. And create a Backup Copy job to save StoreOnce via SAN network, because the Veeam Server and the StoreOnce connected to the SAN.

I followed this instruction: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Does it will working?

Thanks.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Backup Copy to StoreOnce

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Yes it would work that way.
The Veeam Server would then use NBD-Network mode to backup from VMware.
Potentially install a Windows/Linux Server on the host and add it as Proxy to leverage HotAdd processing which is faster than NBD processing.
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

Post by adam900331 »

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The job you're referring to is designed to copy backups between two StoreOnce repositories (Catalyst Stores). In your case, the source repository for the backup copy job is Veeam B&R server local disks, so you can use the regular backup copy job only.