Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
SignalSeeker
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Question about status emails

Post by SignalSeeker »

Hello all,

I have two separate backup jobs that do a desktop and a laptop. The laptop is one job, the desktop is another. I have both of the jobs disabled but I still get this email message. I thought I turned off email messaging in the properties for each job, but I guess I was wrong. Any idea how to prevent these emails as they are not really useful.

Manually Added Warning
Assigned 2 Success 1 No new hosts found.
[Warning] 1 host processed with warnings
Seen 1 Warnings 1
Updated 0 Errors 0
Name IP address Status Operating System Details
justin-thinkpad 10.0.0.15 Warning Microsoft Windows 10 (21H2, 64-bit) Host is unreachable.Cannot connect to justin-thinkpad Details: The network path was not found. The network path was not found. (ERROR_BAD_NETPATH).
justin-pc 10.0.0.121 Success Microsoft Windows 10 (21H2, 64-bit) Backup agent installation is not required

Sorry I couldn’t upload a link.

~Justin~
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Question about status emails

Post by Gostev »

Hello! This looks like the daily protection group rescan statistics. This process ensures the protected machines have components required for backup jobs to actually be able to process them. You should remove your machines from the protection group, then they will not longer be rescanned daily. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Question about status emails

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Justin,

You can disable the protection group or change the schedule of periodic rescan activity. Machines in such protection group wont be rescanned, thus you wont get any email notification about disconnected computers. Keep in mind that new machines wont be discovered from AD protection group type if you use dynamic container as a source (say Organizational Unit) and Veeam B&R wont catch any IP address changers, so I'd recommend such approach only for 'static' computers. Thanks!