Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

StoreOnce with IP and FC

Post by adam900331 »

Hy!

Can I add the StoreOnce to Veeam with IP for backup data with LAN and FC with backup data over SAN?

Thanks!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: StoreOnce with IP and FC

Post by PetrM »

Hello,

Yes, it's possible. Please review this page on our help center, the main point to keep in mind is that you need to use a specific gateway server to communicate with StoreOnce over FC.

Thanks!
adam900331
Veteran
Liked: 22 times

Post by adam900331 »

Hello!

Thanks. So, Can I add the same StoreOnce to Veeam in twice? Once with FC and once with IP?

My plan is the following: I would like to backup VM on SAN to StoreOnce. And I would like to backup data from LAN (another ESXi which not connect to SAN) to the StoreOnce in LAN (not FC)?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Not sure that I clearly understand the scenario. Why do you need to add the same StoreOnce twice? It's enough to add it just once (see the link in the previous post) and use the added repository as a target for the backup job which is supposed to protect the VM. If you want to backup data from LAN, then your proxy server should work in Network mode but it has nothing to do with StoreOnce. Please have a look at this section to find more information about transport modes and at this page which describes the basic backup architecture.

Thanks!