Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
andreib
Novice
Liked: never

Feature Request for better VBR reporting

Post by andreib »

Hello!

I'd like to suggest to add one line on the very top in VBR reports, both (1) in
VBR Console's (Thick Client) "quick report" (what appears after double klicking on a Job name) and also (2) in a Job HTML report.
Particularly i mean type of backup: Incremental, Full Active or Full Synthetic.
While VM Backup Jobs reports have the only word "Full" the Agent backups don't have even that word in reports and the only signs we can guess of type are time and size and this is only for already ended Agent backups.
But it could be more clear having all the types on the top of just started (or ended up) Job(s) information/reports.

Thanks in advance, i hope it would be helpful to many of us!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Feature Request for better VBR reporting

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums

As I found only very few requests similar to yours... could you maybe explain the overall goal? knowing full / increment / synthetic full is probably just one step of reaching the "final goal".

I assume that we have a Veeam ONE report for the "final goal"

Best regards,
Hannes
andreib
Novice

Post by andreib »

Hello Hannesk!

The minimal goal is to have Agents backup reporting the same way as it is with VMs Backup (eg. "VMware Backup" type), where at least the word "Full" is present in HTML reports, what allows you to search if necessary in reports for all full backups in past (and we really need it sometimes). Also during backup time window, when tens of Jobs are running, we can also see "Full" in running tasks pane of thick client console to better understand, to predict/planning time needed, especially for some more critical tasks.
We also use in our organization daily consolidated backup reporting email where among other things there is shown type of backup in order our sysadmins could have a better observation (for better planning, maybe corrections of time windows, etc).
Moreover i supposethe that Job type is just so basic information like Job name or Job starting time that can be simply added to the same Job name line as trailing word.

Best regards!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Andrei,

As an alternative, you may use the Agent Backup Job and Policy History report of VONE that contains the information you are looking for.

Thanks
andreib
Novice

Post by andreib »

Unfortunately we don't have Veeam ONE and besides we have a need to see not only historical reports but also what is going on in real time - list of just running Jobs in VBR Console.
Hmm, frankly I can't understand why adding just one or couple of words of information what is known attribute in code anyway is so hard to implement.