Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
UHLSyrc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rawdon Cheng

Bare Metal Restore unable find backup

Post by UHLSyrc »

Hi all. My first post to the forum. I am using VBR v11. My storage is a standalone server using SMB share. When I testing bare metal restore in the worst case scenario that the only thing I have is the storage server. I fire up a server with the Veeam Recovery media. select Network Storage for backup location. In share folder screen, I put in "\\storage\share" as directed. by the way, storage and share are actual server name and share. in Restore point screen, there is nothing shown; however, if I put in \\storage\share\jobname in previous screen, I can see all the backup available to restore. Should we put the jobname as part of the path? are there anyway we can browse all the jobs.
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Re: Bare Metal Restore unable find backup

Post by Regnor » 1 person likes this post

You'll need to enter the explicit path where the backup is located. The Veeam recovery media won't recursively search all subfolders.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Bare Metal Restore unable find backup

Post by Dima P. »

By the way if shared folder was registered as Veeam B&R repository you do not need to connect to repository over SMB. You need to select Veeam B&R repository and use your Veeam B&R account to connect with the backup server. Thanks!